Final course Reflection/ Feedback
form
GPDE 5000A
1.
Professional
Readings:
The article that impacted my learning
the most throughout the course Understands by Design. I choose this article
because the process was new to me, therefore all the information I know about
this process, I learnt it in the course. The Background design gave me a new
perspective on teaching and learning. Never in my eleven years of teaching have
I stopped to think about planning for assessment before instruction. This idea
shocked me at first but after reading more about the process, hearing others
point of views on it, planning a lesson using the process and reflecting on it,
I came to realize that it is the most innovative teaching strategy I have come
across since teaching.
Teaching to achieve favourable outcomes
from the assessment makes more sense to me than teaching to achieve objectives.
The outcomes of the assessment will be used to determine students’ progress,
not the objectives of the lesson. So therefore, it is logical that whatever we
teach students should be align with the assessment items to be used in
measuring their progress.
Assessment tools: Assessing students
in my classroom usually takes the form of test/ quizzes and oral presentations.
Having been exposed to numerous innovative ways of assessing students for understanding
and application of concepts I now understand the importance of using formative
assessment to collect students data and how to use these data to make informed
decisions. I am also more competent in tailoring assessment strategies to fit
the purpose of the assessment and students level of development and interest.
Assessment tools I would implement in my class are conservation schedule,
checklist, videos and blogging.
Process: I plan on implementing the gallery
walk. Especially in the differentiated classroom. Students would be free to represent
their work in various forms and transform the classroom to resemble a gallery.
They will then present their present their work to peers. I choose to use this
method in the differentiated classroom because students at all level gets to
learn from all the activities that were given at various levels. I also plan on
using the round table seminar to get the participation of all students and at
the same time assess their level of understanding of the concepts.
Facilitator feedback.
1. What I like the most was the warm
environment that was created and the opportunity to work with experience
students, Jamaica 6.
2. What I like the least is that there
were too many materials to summarize.
3. I think you should continue putting
some of the readings on audio tapes.
Florence Ricketts
No comments:
Post a Comment