Friday, 1 August 2014

Final Reflection.
 The bulk of information I got the opportunity to interact has reshaped my thoughts on educational instructions, mode of deliveries and assessment strategies. I gain new insights into how to plan for meaningful learning, critical thinking, and other higher order skills. One of my goals outlined in reflection one, state that I hope to gain the necessary knowledge and skills needed for me to be a better facilitator of learning. I could not ask for more. The knowledge and skills I gained far surpass my expectations of the program.  I consider myself fortunate to be a part of such an enriched experience.
 The knowledge gained from participating in the Med. programme not only better curbed my pedagogical skills but took me out of the realm of the classroom to assess myself as an individual. The Gregorc  Style Delineator self-assessment test, label my learning style as being  Abstract Sequential (AS) which reflect s not only my learning preference but also character traits I never realized I had until after I took some time to reflect.  The result of the test allows me to identify who I am as a learner. These finding make me realize that not all students will have the same character traits or learning styles and so lessons must be planned and tailored with student’s difference in mind.   

Thanks SMU! My stuttering on questions such as “why do I need to learn this topic” is over. Having been exposed to innovative and creative instructional methods such as Service learning and Project base learning as equipped me with the solution to that problem. Working collaboratively in groups and learning from others have made the learning experience diverse, rich with information and applicable. Students were able to incorporate their own experiences into class discussions which highlight the usability, strength and weaknesses of the strategies that were scrutinized and their relevancy in various classroom settings. Another of my goal is to gain the expertise if constructing learning program to make mathematics more meaning full to students. I think by the end of the Med. Programme of work I will be able to achieve that. The learning experience would not have been so productive without the guidance of a dynamic, knowledgeable and well informed Facilitator, Dr. Larsen. The strategies she modeled in order to give use a wonderful experience reflect hard work, proper timing, patience, flexibility and passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment